Sometimes when one needs to get out of the shack and perhaps take a break from HF operating or DXing, nice to have portable gear. My Portable Operating gear currently consists of:
- Yaesu FT2D Digital Fusion/Analog 2m/440 w/Comet SMA 24
- Motorola MTS2000 Flashport Model III (33cm aka 900Mhz)
- AnyTone D878UV GPS Dual Band DMR/Analog w/Retevis HA02
- Motorola XPR 7550e DMR 70cm (440)
- Alinco DJ-G29 Dual Band 1.25m (220)/33cm (900) w/Diamond SRH229
Most radios put out 5W with some exception on certain bands. Between these radios, I got most of the active VHF/UHF covered.
900 Mhz (33cm)
(Left) Going Portable in Kahana Falls, Maui, Hawaii on a Yaesu VX-8DR (back in the KK6DYI days) - July 2013 (Right) The Motorola MTS2000 Flashport Model 3 900Mhz 33cm Ham Radio, monitoring the National Calling Frequency of 927.5Mhz
Motorola XPR 7550e DMR
Pictured above are two outstanding DMR Radios from Motorola and AnyTone. They are very different and even priced very differently but they both do an excellent job and I highly recommend both units. I own both as well as some others.
If you find something incorrect and/or have an update, I would really appreciate if you could let me know by contacting me. I like to keep things as up-to-date as possible. Thank you! - Lucas / W6AER